Thursday, November 10, 2011

Updates, questions and requests.

Hello everyone!

This is the ‘informational’ entry I promised a while ago. I have some announcements, questions and requests for you guys.

First off, the announcements-

I’ll be starting some new articles soon, probably near the end of the year, that aren’t really about movies. I know, this is a movie review blog, but I feel the need to share some of the things I’m also interested in. Now, these won’t be real reviews, mostly just discussions on other things I enjoy. These won’t be on a regular schedule like my reviews, I should be putting out one, maybe two, of these a month. Without further adieu, here are the new articles:

TV I can’t stop watching – A list of TV shows, old and new, that I’ve enjoyed watching. I’m writing this because I think there are some shows people may have missed out on that they should take a look at.

I still watch cartoons – This is will be animated shows that I enjoy. I was going to put it with the above, but since there’s quite a bit of animated television I enjoy, I thought it should have a it’s own space. This will include normal ‘cartoons,’ Adult Swim shows and maybe the occasional Anime.

Rent this – Very short reviews of DVDs I’ve watched, but don’t feel deserve a full review. I should have 3-4 reviews each entry. This comes from the segments they’ve been doing on the new Ebert show.

Monthly Themes – Now, this isn’t a new type of entry, but I was thinking of having a theme for each month’s reviews. They would be very general, like ‘Werewolf movies’ and ‘Pulp movies.’ Every other month would have a theme, and you all would have a chance to vote on the theme the month before.

Questions for the readers-

Are you enjoying the reviews?
(So far, I’ve received few comments about my reviews)

Do you have any suggestions for improvement?
(Always looking to improve the read)

Should I add more pictures in the entries?
(Finding pictures that I can use isn’t as easy as you’d think, but I’m willing to try if it will improve the experience)

Should I add additional labels?
(I’m thinking of putting genre labels on entries, but I’m not sure if it’s a good idea)

Requests-

Tell people about this blog. If you’re enjoying it, spread the word.

Suggest some movies to review. I’ve been picking movies at random, but I’m willing to give any movie a chance.

If you have any advice on how I should advertise this blog, feel free to chime in.

Oh, and as much as I like the cartoony Godzilla, I kind of want a replacement. If you have some ideas, let me know.

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy what I’ve been doing.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment