Thursday, September 15, 2011

An introduction.

Hello and welcome to Good, Bad, and Ugly Movie Reviews! I'm your host, Captain Pete! In this blog, I'll be talking about movies I watch. Some will be from my personal collection, some rentals and others from friends. Don't expect reviews of new, recent movies, because I don't go to the theater often. The ratings I give movies is totally my personal opinion, and you may see me say a terrible movie as something to watch. Don't like it? Tough cookies, start your own blog! The point of this for me is to talk about the movies I want to see (and maybe a few I don't).

Movies will be sorted in to three broad categories:

Good - These are the movies you should be watching. I'll try to explain exactly why I enjoyed the movie so much, without being a total fanboy about it.

Bad - These movies aren't good movies. They're the ones that just can't make the mark of a well made movie.

Ugly - These are terrible, terrible movies. Avoid them at all costs.

I may also add a plus (+) or minus (-) to the end of a rating, because the movie was on the cusp of being in a different category. Maybe, for all it's flaws, something in the movie was enjoyable, or maybe there was something that just soured the movie for me. For example, McHale's Navy is a Bad+ movie. Yes, it's bad. A Tom Arnold vehicle, it should have died when the script was written. Yes, it's a remake of a TV show that no one in my generation saw. But, it's got a few really good things going for it. Tim Curry and other members of the supporting cast really have fun with their roles and get in some good jokes. That still doesn't make it a good movie.

Not matter what rating I give a movie (except for maybe Ugly), try the movie yourself. Maybe I got it wrong. Maybe you disagree with me. Maybe, it's worth a second chance.

My goal is to show people movies that I think should be given a chance, no matter how terrible. Okay, maybe not all of them. I want to show you what I like and why I like it, and what I hated and why I hated it. I also hope to break type and watch some movies that I normally wouldn't and see if there's something worth seeing.

Hope you join me on my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment